It's time I use one of my window-less windows to do something!
So let's make a home decor tac board to hold my ideas and pictures!
Old window frame
Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint - Cascade
Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Wax - Clear and Antique
Lint Free rags
md hobby metal sheet - Elliptical
md metal snips
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
1/4" piece of wood to fit in window x 2
Misc. metal to decorate
1. Prep your surface for painting
2. If you like a more chipped look. Add Vaseline in a few areas where you want the paint to rub off.
3. Paint on two coats of Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint-Cascade, wait 2 hours between each coat. At this same time paint one of the wood panels cut.
4. Add Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Clear Wax and let cure overnight. Buff to desired sheen. Also panel.
5. Add Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Antique Wax over the entire surface, wiping back some areas and letting the crevices sit. Let cure overnight and buff to desired sheen. Also panel.
6. Cut md metal sheet using md metal snips.
7. Take the painted panel and metal panel and pin in place using a piner or you could use glue and adhere in place.
8. Cut fabric and batting to fit over third panel. Wrap panel with fabric and adhere into place using Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Pin this last panel into place.
9. Add any extra embellishments at this time.
10. Add hanger to the back.
You can see where the Vaseline was wiped off.
These MD snips work fabulous!
Talk about a FAST GRAB TACKY GLUE!
Hope you enjoyed!