Are we sick of winter yet? yes, yes, yes!
Ready for SPRING? Duh?
Well I have something for you to work on while you wait for spring!
Let's make a Fun and Easy garden flag!
Finished size is 11" X 18"
This great fabric is fun, bright and super easy to use!
Some super fun names of the fabric.....
These are just a sample of them!
What is this Fabric called?
It is called oly*fun!
This is made by Fairfield.
It comes in so many great colors!
Another fun fact....it does NOT fray! No hems...if you don't want to!
It can go outside or inside!
oly*fun-variety of colors
Embroidery Thread to match
2 black buttons
3 misc. buttons
1 metal rod or wood dowel
Black cord for hanging
Sewing machine (optional)
Clover Kanzashi flower maker (optional)
Sizzix Eileen Hull die - bird
Die cut machine
1. Draw out project (or copy mine)
2 Cut 2 - 11" X 20" of Sky Blue oly*fun (this will be your front and back of flag)
3.Using your drawing cut out house, butterfly, leaves, etc...also cut bird using your sizzix die.
5. Pin base of house on and hand stitch it to the front of flag just above the pole
7. Pin butterfly body and bird on and hand stitch. Add wings of butterfly over the body base and stitch
8. Hand stitch a dotted line behind the butterfly to resemble her flight
9. Using the Clover Kanzashi flower maker, make 3 flowers and stitch onto flag
10. Hand stitch stems and leaves to each of the flowers
11. Machine stitch front of flag to back of flag
12.Turn 2" over on top to make a pocket for the rod to go through. I stitched the 2 black buttons on to hold it in place. Add you rod into the pocket and tie cord around rod and hang
Last shot of the flag.
Here is a pattern you can use. Print it out on a letter size paper and it should be the right size.
The pole size is 9 1/4" X 1 1/2"