Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Make it 3D with Eileen Hull dies!

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend.  It’s time for a new Art with Heart Challenge and our theme for July is “Make it 3-D”.  The Inspiration Team has been busy creating with Eileen's Make it 3-D die and our dear Shelly Hickox had a great idea to use this particular die as the focus of an Art with Heart Challenge.   For those of you that don’t know the Make it 3-D die is an easy way to make 3-D projects with your two-dimensional dies.  There are three different ways to “Make it 3-D” with the Make it 3-D die so the possibilities are truly endless!  You can use the Make it 3-D die with ANY of the Sizzix dies in your collection too. Want to learn more about the Make it 3-D die?  Check it our HERE
Art with Heart July Challenge: Sizzix Make it 3-D | Eileenhull.com
I am sad to say I did not get mine in time for this challenge (insert sad face here).

So I did the next best thing! I put my thinking cap on and came up with a 3D project using another Eileen Hull die piece!

I used a piece from the Canister die.

I grab my Canning Jar die and cut four canning jars. I cut eight lids, one for front and back of the jars. I punched holes in each of the canning jars and added vellum paper over the holes. I cut one of the canister piece showing above and glued a jar to each flap. I added a thin line of glue to each side of the jars and adhered them together. Tie some jute around each lid and add a battery operated candle and you have a cute votive for your picnics or rustic weddings or parties!


 Evening lighting!

I hope you join us for this months Art with Heart! Always a prize!

Enter your 3D Art here!


1 comment:

Christi Conley said...

Ohh 3D is one of my most favorite things to do - I love the look on people's faces when they find out I made it :) Lovely!! Christi