Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What does 7 gypsies + metal + .25 =

You know when a line of paper just brings out the mojo in you, well I have found that with 7 gypsies "gypsy market paper". This whole line is just my style. Those of you who know me, know that I use 7 gypsies in almost everything I do, along with Tim Holtz. But this line is ending up on a lot of stuff these days.

A friend of mine, Lynn B, is always out finding treasures and she found this old clock for a quarter! Yep, that's right a quarter. The 2 legs were broken and the clock face would not stay in the hole. She brought it to me and asked if I would want something like it. Why yes I would, I said. This is one of those things you see on the .25 table and just walk by. Well from now on I hope you take a second look at that .25 junk and think of this.

This picture is after I took the face out.



Here is the clock in the shape I received it. It is not to bad. Just needed a little tender loving care! Some 7 gypsies paper and some ten seconds metal and 1 day.
I took the clock apart and sanded it, just to rough it up a bit. I knew I was going to use the 7 gypsies paper, but I did not know what else I was going to do with it. I have been wanting to use my ten seconds metal that I had purchased a while back. (you know one of those things you just have to try/have) So lets give it a try. I used a brown piece of the metal and this is what it looked like after I sanded it. So I knew I was gonna have to slap some paint on it. I put some yellow ochre on it and sanded that a bit, then added the brown on top. I wiped that off a bit and it turned out perfect.

Here is your first peek at the drawer.

Here is the sides of the clock. I love the way the metal turned out, it looks so beautiful with the papers. I love it!

And drum roll please....................Remember .25 + 7 gypsies paper + metal=

This!



Hope you like it. I love it. Thanks Lynn, this was an complete success. Lynn also bought a tray I am going to alter. I think I may have to hire her as my personal shopper. What do you think?


Off to see what else I can do.

Now quit reading this and go create something!








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY Batman you are "AMAZING" I absolutely LOVE everything about this!!! The metal is beautiful and I love it that you put legs back on it! And I will continue to shop for you always!

tami said...

so cool Donna. I'd love to see this in person. tami

~~Annie~~ said...

Holy *&%# batman! This SO rocks!!
It matches my livingroom, too.
I know it matches yours,too. But, but, but...I can't think of an excuse why it should be in mine.
Oh, yes I can...Just because!!!

AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT!!!

~~Annie~~ said...

GASP!!!! I keep going back to look at it....LOL!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

You and I are so alike it's scary. I LOVE what you did with this old clock. OK... going to the "studio" to create!!!