Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Special Night at Barnes & Noble

Do you LOVE books? Well this is the ULTIMATE destination for book lovers!
BARNES & NOBLE Booksellers is a magical place!



BOOKS! Those magical things you hold in your hands and turn the paper pages and you can get whisked away to far away places. You can learn new things!

                                                   
Only half of the group

On this special evening, it was a Creative group outing that brought us to BARNES & NOBLE. Out fearless leader Laura Kelly Walters was being honored for being featured in the magazine WHERE WOMEN CREATE. The creator of this magazine Jo Packham was also on hand at this private reception! What a privilege to have been included in such a wonderful event that empowers creative woman! 
Laura Kelly Walters

As I strolled around BARNES & NOBLE I noticed how many people were engrossed in books and magazines. Young and old, from all walks of life. Guess what? Each and everyone of them had something in common, BOOKS!
This is how I felt!

As part of a creative group I was very excited to learn that on that night BARNES & NOBLE was having a SPECIAL EVENT! They had a COLORING EVENT! They had supplied markers, crayons and colored pencils. They had wonderful images on fabulous card stock and the cutest envelopes, just waiting for someone to color them!




It is so outstanding of BARNES & NOBLE to have events like this!
Check your local Barnes & Noble Events page!

Did you know that BARNES & NOBLE have a kids club? YES they do! I think this is a great way to keep the next generation reading and learning new things. To explore places they may never reach, but can because of a book! For birthdays, Christmas I always like to include a book or two and have since my Grandchildren were born. Bonus benefit the children get a cupcake on their birthday from the cafe! Who doesn't love a cupcake?



This of course is not my first trip to BARNES & NOBLE. I have been going for years, in fact it is one of our favorite things to do on a Saturday evening. My husband and I will go to dinner followed by a night at BARNES & NOBLE. It is so relaxing and comfortable. One more reason I LOVE BARNES & NOBLE was my daughters first job was with them. They gave her such a great experience that I credit them with her work ethics today!

Thank you Laura Kelly Walters for being our fearless leader in our creative field and to Jo Packham for helping us all become STRONG woman!




No comments: