Monday, May 20, 2013

It's a real face?

I just wanted to share a big step or me!

I like to sketch but that is usually as far as a face goes. Never paint a realistic face

                                                          EVER!

Well that is about to CHANGE!

I am always looking (lurking) on different sites, thinking "gosh I would like to paint like that".......
Well if you don't try, you can't do it!

So here is my sketch.......
Starting the background. I used different papers, Golden paints, Dylusions ink spray (loved it)
Alcohol ink and off I went. I also used quite a few stencils.
Here it is to the point I am ready to put my girl on. I stamped the background using Tim Holtz's stamps using Archival ink from Ranger.
Started painting the girl and this was very intimidating for me! I thought to myself I can't do this....who do you think you are? But I kept at it and actually started to enjoy the process.
I actually started to relax and have fun with it. So Never say CAN'T!
Here she is!
 
I DID IT!

It may not be a work of art to be in a museum, but I did it and got the fear out!

And I don't think she is to bad for a first timer!

2 comments:

Scrappin' Stacy said...

I think she looks excellent for you first time drawing a face. I am in the same boat as you are just learning how to draw faces and they are not easy. Wonderful Job!

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Good for you!! You drew a beautiful face and fit it into your page. Your background is perfect make her stand out. You must be so proud!