Friday, November 12, 2010

Chapter 39:

Chapter 39: Nothin' but Tea and Time...

"Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.

`The Dormouse is asleep again,' said the Hatter, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.

The Dormouse shook its head impatiently, and said, without opening its eyes, `Of course, of course; just what I was going to remark myself.'

`Have you guessed the riddle yet?' the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

`No, I give it up,' Alice replied: `what's the answer?'

`I haven't the slightest idea,' said the Hatter.

`Nor I,' said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. `I think you might do something better with the time,' she said, `than waste it in asking riddles that have no answers.'

`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter, `you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'

`I don't know what you mean,' said Alice.

`Of course you don't!' the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. `I dare say you never even spoke to Time!'"
Greetings friends in Wonderland!

Today we have a fun challenge for you based on a lovely inspiration piece that the Mad Hatter herself just might "need" one of these days!

But first, a BIG warm WONDERLAND welcome to Tracy Evans, our November/December Guest! Tracy has wow'd us with her projects for a while and we are thrilled to have her here at our Twisted Table.

This week, we have an inspiration piece, again from one of Jess's favorite designers, Tarina Tarantino.

It LOOKS like a watch, but in this case, the face of "Father Time" is the Mad Hatter himself. We can just see him, shouting out from this beautiful piece and startling it's owner "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MET TIME!". Boy, it sure feels like that some days..time simply moves TOO QUICKLY to catch!
Here is my fabulous card for this week! (wow did I say that?) Yes I did! I said this because without the inspiration from above I would have never done this and I think it is great way to send a card with a photo. I just saying, this is fabulous! I have taken a $1.oo (4 quarters or 10 dimes or better yet 100 pennies) frame and turned the meaning of a gift card into a "gift card." Huh?
You will see.........So here is my card.......
Inside my card.....but never mind that!
This is what you need to see. I just cut a slit (okay I could have cut it straighter), this is where the frame easel slides into and sits. So when the person you sent this to.....receives it.........they can take the frame out and display it. How fun it that!

Just the frame. I did alter the frame a bit. It was a little bright for me so I toned it down with some acrylic paints rubbed over it, then wiped off.

Who would not love to receive a picture in a card like this? They would think this was so neat! So with the holidays on the way, are you gonna use this idea?.............. I am!
Go check out the rest of the DT inspiration here "Oh Alice"

Have a bedazzler of a time this week, creating after this piece! Until next week...

5 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

I don't even know what to say to this as my jaw is still on the floor-I am seriously STUNNED-that frame is SOOOO perfect for this, OMG! EVERYONE completely blew me away today on this challenge-I'm just loving it. beautiful job, Donna!

Emma said...

This is FANTASTIC! I just love how you have used that frame, such an amazing touch. Gorgeous!

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous creation and I love the frame, wonderful piece of art. Tracy Evans x x

Andrea C said...

absolutely brilliant x

Lynne Phelps said...

This is SO CLEVER! You are such a smart girl and a great addition to our team! I love everything about this card, it is so cool! Now I need to find me some 100¢ frames! :-)