Thursday, July 14, 2016

Under the Sea!

Oh my goodness!!! 

I am so happy to share with you this fabulous
fun, bright fishy project with you! 

I have had my two granddaughters here with me visiting and we went to see Finding Dory! It was so hot the day we went! We were wishing we were in the Sea swimming with the fish! It was so much fun and GREAT inspiration for this piece!

Some of you know I love to draw and paint. So what is better than to combine the two together!!!

I will show some of the steps that were taken to achieve this beautiful bright fish with the beautiful bubbles.......if I do say so myself!!!!


The first thing I did was sketch out where I wanted the fish and how she was to look. Once that was done, it was time to grab my DecoArt Media paint and get started! If your not familiar with DecoArt Media paint it is a Fluid Acrylic paint. You can read about them HERE.


I grabbed every color that was bright! Very unusual for me!


I started with the background and when I pretty happy with it I went on to the fish!
 I didn't follow all the lines that I drew and I added different details that I did not draw!
These DecoArt Media colors are so FUN!!!!


I LOVE the Green Gold, it is so pretty!


 I continued to add color and decided on rainbows for the fins!

And those BUBBLES!!!   I just love how they turned out!

I thought why not try some Glitter Glass on parts of the painting? Let's give it a try and see what happens.

 Beautiful!


I added some to look like coral at the bottom of the picture. I added the white thinking coral is white and it would be pretty, see what happens after the resin was applied!!!



Using EnviroTex Lite I mixed it according to manufacturer’s directions.
Add part A and part B together and mix for 2 minutes. If you would like to learn more about EnviroTex Lite please go HERE.

  
Pour into first cup and mix for 1 additional minute.



And pour over painting! I had never used this product so I was ohhhh so nervous!!!!



Look at all those bubbles, I thought I may have done something wrong! But NO, it happens and you can use a lighter and or a straw to remove them!

WHEW! Was I nervous!!!!


So, so happy with the way this turned out! 

My biggest dilemma was that both of the grand kids wanted it!!! Oh NO, how do I choose???

My niece has a little girl who has her room decorated with under the sea decor, she gets it!!!


One last thing........White Glitter Glass does not show under the resin!!!

It's GONE!!! 

Always learning something new!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LUSCIOUS COLORS and yes - LOVE those bubbles Donna!!! She is just BEAUTIFUL. SUPER creativity. Thanks bunches for joining our DecoArt Media, Under the Sea challenge. Joi

Cassie said...

I just love your use of bright colours. So many people are afraid to use then. Love your Fishy xx

Pammejo said...

Love the vibrant colors and your fish is so amazing! Thanks so much for joining on the DecoArt Media Under the Sea Challenge!!!

Brenda Brown said...

This is a magnificent project for our under the sea theme at DecoArt, I adore the finished fish ant the bright, beautiful, bold colours. Thanks for sharing Donna and joining in the challenge xxx

Candy C said...

Your colorful fishy project is outstanding! The bright colors just draw you in! Love the rainbow fin and tail! Love the addition of the glitter glass and those bubbles are simply amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at DecoArt's under the sea challenge.

Barbara Rankin said...

Such a bright and so colorful canvas. Your fishy is awfully cute, too!

Unknown said...

Simple and Nice info about powder coating services for iron frames. if U want to know in detail about powder coating services
Powder Coating Iron sheets | Powder Coating Services