Friday, February 27, 2015

Hop with Eileen Hull's ATB and Stampendous!

It's time for a hop around the Block!

Artist Trading Block that is!

                             
I am up today!

I hope you have been hopping along! So many great ideas! Many different styles!


I received the Cling Hydrangea Garden stamps #CRS5067, with that I also received the matching cutting die set and something that I had never used before. It is called Spoonful of gold dust, Embossing Powder & Elements. Have to say.......I LOVED IT! 


 I colored every element with my Prismacolor pencils and blended them with Gamsol.

After everything was colored and blended, I took the Spoonful of gold dust and sprinkled some on the flowers and the butterflies and heated them from underneath the sheet of paper. What a spectacular effect it gave! OM-gosh I can't wait to get some of the rust!!!!

I liked it so much I choose to use the Sizzix Little Sizzles black Mat Board so that I could sprinkle the Artist Trading Block with the GOLD DUST! Oh yeah! It looks FABULOUS! Using the Sizzix black Mat Board I did have to leave my heat gun on a little longer and moved it around so not to burn the Mat Board.




I used the largest ATB and I stuck a Styrofoam ball into the box so that I could arrange my floral arrangement!
I had some twigs that broke off of a twig wreath and thought that would make great stems for my flowers and give some added interest. I used very, very thin wire to adhere the butterflies to so that they look like they are flying.


 I really like the way this ATB turned out! 
It has depth and interest and 
it is full of GOLD!


We know this form of crafting will spark your interest and give your mojo a serious boost! That’s why we have prizes!!! We’ll choose three winners at random from the comments on all blogs in the hop. Then from those three we’ll randomly pick a GRAND PRIZE winner! Two of the winners will receive Stampendous PenPattern Petal and PenPattern Flutter cling stamps. They’ll also receive enough pre-cut, premium matboard from Sizzix to make two boxes of your own, plus some extra pieces for fiddly bits! The Grand Prize winner will receive the stamps as above, a whole package of matboard, AND the Sizzix die to cut your own ATB boxes! Uh, WOW!
If that weren’t enough, eligibility for these amazing prize packages has expanded to include our international fans too!




We know you won’t want to miss a single creation in this hop, and the Eileen Hull Designs Inspiration Team has several members that live outside the United States, so it took a while for them to get their products from us. We need to give them time to post and you time to comment, so the comment deadline will be Sunday, March 8th. A whole extra week! We will continue posting links as we receive them from the Inspiration Team, so be sure to keep checking back. You get one entry for every comment, so you don’t want to miss the chance to leave a thoughtful comment on each project. For those who tend to get lost, we’ll post a “cumulative” link list of links so far on Saturday, February 28th and Saturday, March 7th. Then you can check your progress.
Here are the designer’s participating today —

Stampendous Blog

Pam Hornschu
Asia King
Jamie Martin
Kristine Reynolds
Janelle Stollfus
Amy Hurley-Purdie
Tenia Nelson
Wendy Price

Lea Kimmel

Eileen Hull Blog

Anna-Karin Evaldsson
Anne Redfern
Donna Budzynski
Diana Hetherington

You can find all of the Fabulous Stampendous products used in these gorgeous projects and connect with Stampendous by following the links below:
Shop Stampendous
Stampendous Blog

Looking for Sizzix dies to use your Stampendous products with?  You can find Eileen Hull's complete catalog below:
Shop Eileen Hull Sizzix Dies

44 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

Beautiful!! The butterflies look like they are ready to flit away and the flowers are so realistic I can almost smell them! TFS!

Dee said...

Terrific, beautiful box full of spring- wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful box. I also saw that spoonful of dust is made in rust colors. It looks like a great product. The gold certainly adds just the right sparkle.

Pamellia said...

Wow, it's like a garden exploded out of your box, what an incredible project! So much work went into this and it paid off, stunning! :)

christi said...

cute butterfly and posey box. it looks so real.

Redanne said...

I just want to stay here all day and drool over this gorgeous creation! I love what you did with the hydrangea flowers, your colouring is superb, they look almost real. The gold looks amazing too. I too, want the rust and have managed to track it down here in the UK!! I love your beautiful ATB. Anne xx

Carol w said...

Wow, just lovely, great box!

cghundley said...

What an explosion
of beauty! Great
idea.
Carla from Utah

Lea said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you added the twigs and the gold dust was just the right finishing touch! Makes me anxious for Spring to get here!

Stampendous said...

Gorgeousness! Those flowers are amazing with touches of gold here and there. We are so glad you like your Spoonful of Gold and the tip to use black matboard to make it pop more on your block. Thank you for creating an amazing piece with us for the block party week!

eileen hull said...

Donna- you. nailed. it. I love this box of blooms! Hydrangea is my favorite flower...

eileen hull said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolina Kathy said...

It's gorgeous!! What a creative way of using the hydrangeas! You are amazing! Thx for sharing.

D.Ann C said...

Love the twigs, love the flowers and butterflies and their coloring, love the gold dust... FAB!!

Pam Hornschu said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. This is amazing...the colors, the dimension, but especially the fact that you took the time to cut out all of those flowers!!!! So worth it for this work of art.

Kirsten said...

So very pretty, the butterfly looks perfectly at home amongst the flowers.

Noreen said...

Spring has arrived! Lovely!

Ina Good said...

Gorgeous Spring Atc Box!

inkedx2 said...

Oh my word this is stunning! I love those posies and the colors you used are perfect for them. The butterflies add just the right touch. Thanks for a chance at the drawing.

Iris said...

So pretty - love the flowers and the butterflies.
isoscia at aol dot com

McStamper said...

What a gorgeous project.

P Beatty said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the 3-D effect.

Jean Bullock said...

I love it. The flowers and coloring are marvelous. I love that gold dust. Well done!

Wyvern said...

That gold dust is spectacular but I just love the colors in those butterflies and flowers. Beautiful!

Lisa H said...

beautiful!!! I love the gold too! =)

Snoopy said...

Beautiful box and such a stunning arrangement too.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

LChippy76 said...

Gorgeous!
Stunning!!
Beautiful!!!
The Coloring - W O W !!!
LOVE...Butterflies/Flowers <3

Michelle said...

Very beautiful! I love the layering and your gorgeous coloring of those flowers!

Tracy W said...

Fab! Such a lot of work - wonderful! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Sue D said...

This is gorgeous. I like your coloring and the use of gold dust.

Mary Holshouser said...

What a fantastic idea. The flowers are beautiful. The butterfly is wonderful too.
Great idea to use the box as a base and cover it with goodies.
thanks for sharing.

Viki Banaszak said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers! They are some of my favorites.

Bunny said...

The colors of your hydrangea is absolutely beautiful. This is a great block.

Unknown said...

Oh so very beautiful!

MaryBeth said...

What a stunning explosion bouquet! Love it. I'm definitely going to have to get some of that spoonful of gold.

Denise Bryant said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors! Beautiful hydrangea flowers!

HelenM said...

beautiful!! loved your colors!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

diana said...

LOVE this project!!! those flowers are to die for!!!

Judy said...

Another pretty project for the blog. I love the flowers and the butterflies. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

Unknown said...

this is a gorgeous project and a great use of both die and stamps together.

TFS!

Paula x x x

Carol McCready said...

Your ATC is gorgeous. Love the colors and the added dimension.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love all of the colors. That butterfly looks so real. TFS

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!