Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gift card holder

I made these cute gift card holders tonight. So easy and fun and what is really great is they are very fast to make. This is a good thing at this time of the year.


So the first one here is for the coffee lover...Coffee for you----how cute is this? Just slide this open and you will see your gift card. This is made from a slide metal tin. I even punched a hole for the tulle with my crop-a-dile. This next one is same tin with a new design. I took a picture with the cover off, so you could see the inside. So do you like the gift card I made for myself. I thought it was cute since I am using Cosmo Cricket papers.
Here is a view of how it slides. Do you like the use of beads and sequins? This little bird is so cute, it is from Cosmo Cricket's ready set chipboards. I love them. You could also make a tag that says "a little birdie told me you wanted this".
This is a gift card holder anyone can do. Take a envelope and cut part of it the size of a gift card, leaving the top flap on. Now cut a piece of paper to wrap around the envelope and adhere. Now take a scrap of paper and adhere that to the flap and then trim to fit. punch a half circle on the inside as shown in next picture.
Here is the place you punch the half circle. Then that will allow easy access to the gift card.
Here is the picture with the flap down. How cute and easy is that?
Hope you enjoyed! I did!

Off to create more art!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Oh my how I love these Donna. I want to see them in person. You totally rock. ohhh la la baby!!

Caterpillar Creations said...

add here....NO adhere!!! LOL!!

Grandma Jan said...

They are lovely. I need a couple gift card holders. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

card holders are so cute good job as always